The ultimate challenge for a true DevOps!
IMAGINE a fast growing software-company with more than 1200 customers that are all depending on a fully operational cloud-based infrastructure. IMAGINE a lot of highly skilled developers in demand for the best ways of deploying new features at high speed. IMAGINE a technology stack ranging from Linux and php to windows and c#. IMAGINE integrating new acquired companies and technologies into the same good ways of operating as you are capable of delivering. IMAGINE shaping the future of operations for such a company. IMAGINE the fun challenges in all this for a true DEVOPS! Now, stop imagine and say to yourself; "This just has to be HOUSE OF CONTROL. This is my new DREAM JOB!"
A little background is never wrong. House of Control develops and sells software as a service (SaaS) solutions. The main solution is Complete Control, which is used for managing contracts and assets, including the contracts’ financial implications for accounting, budgeting and reporting. Complete Control has several modules and add-ons, including compliance with IFRS 16 (Financial Leases) requirements, HR management, digital signature and price index adjustments. The user value is derived from cutting costs, saving time, and reducing business risk and dependency on key personnel.
After acquiring DinERP and Effectplan AB in 2020, House of Control has expanded its scope and geographical footprint with SW-development branches in Trondheim and Stockholm. With a wider scope, House of Control seeks to expand its offering to the market by including valuable software for commercial management.
As a Senior DevOps Engineer at House of Control you'll be a key player in forming the HoC Group DevOps practices and taking it to the next level. There will be a great variety of interesting tasks on your agenda including some of the following;
- Process automation in tight cooperation with lead developers and architects
- Important part of integrating new acquired technologies
- Craft and maintain documentation of the platform and processes
- Implement and optimize platform configurations for security, cost and performance
- Continuous security assurance
- Develop and maintain mission-critical information extraction, analysis, and management systems.
- Perform incremental testing actions on code, processes, and deployments to identify ways to streamline execution and minimize errors encountered.
- Cloud infrastructure management
- Continuously monitor and potentially adapt new technologies to further improvement of the operating procedures
Qualifications & Experience:
- Solid understanding of different software development lifecycle modelsExpert knowledge in agile and traditional principles
- Excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
- Process-oriented with great documentation skills
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service
- Experience of one or more public cloud platforms (AWS/Azure/GCP)
- Experience and knowledge of integration in context of hybrid landscape involving SaaS offerings, on-premises legacy systems and emerging tech platforms.
- Strong DevOps mindset. You really should not have to google terms like these; CI, CD, IaC, git, Kubernetes, Docker.
- Significant experience with Windows and Linux operating system environments
- Experience with infrastructure scripting solutions such as PowerShell or Python
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Fluent in English
Want to know more about your next DREAM JOB? Please don't hesitate to contact us
We can offer:
- Exiting and challenging tasks in a listed global company
- An environment where your opinions, decisions and actions will matter
- An opportunity to work with innovative solutions, technologies and methodologies
- Room to fail and learn
- Competent, focused, uncomplicated and supportive colleagues
- Competitive salaries and benefits